Thursday, February 11, 2010

Honeymoon registry??

Has anyone else heard of this??

First off, a backstory. Lijah and I have both lived on our own for a few years and accumulated a lot of pots and pans and whatnot. Couple that with the fire from about a year and a half ago, we got everything fixed and a ton of stuff replaced! The problem now is that we don't need anything for the house for our wedding. So I was thinking about registering through a travel agency for a 'honeymoon registry" where people can gift money to an account that goes directly towards the honeymoon (the one thing that I don't know how we will pay for). I almost would rather have that than cash because I think it allows people to know that their money is going towards something that the couple actually wanted and not wasted on something else.

Any thoughts on this?

3 comments:

  1. Hey! Defintely have known of a few people to do this. If you plan on creating a wedding website (i.e. The Knot or WeddingChannel.com) you can have a link straight to that registry like you would have a "regular" registry. You can also do charity registries if you were so inclined/didn't have a honeymoon to pay for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's a great idea but I warn you - people buy wedding gifts more on the thought process of what they would want rather than what the bride and groom needs/wants. Just talking from experience...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jen! I left something fun for you on my blog :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete