Saturday, January 23, 2010

I know I said no taffeta but...

Turns out that it is an awesome fabric!!

(Side note: I know that my wedding isn't for another year and a half, but the original dress that I thought I wanted was being discontinued so I wanted to see what mom thought of that.)

Ok...back to the dress. As you know by now, I am planning a beach wedding so I thought chiffon was the perfect option! I tried on several dresses yesterday but my mind kept going back to two. One was white and chiffon and the other was ivory taffeta.

Turns out I loved both of them and couldn't decide which until I retried them on...to my surprise, I couldn't stop looking at myself in the taffeta dress. I don't know if I would have ever tried it on if it weren't for my mom and best friend Ashley!

My advice to other brides...try on everything! Even the one dress that you couldn't picture yourself in. It might be the best one!

In the end I got a dress that fit perfectly. I'm talking no alterations whatsoever! It flatters every curve and I can't wait to wear it!!

2 comments: